|Open Two Seater||Biscuit|
|Left Hand Drive||Fawn|
|Max Hoffman, New York|
|10 February 1955|
|21 January 1955||United States|
48 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 10 September 2020.
Photos of A810807
Click slide for larger image. This car has 49 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (7)
Interior Photos (1)
Details Photos: Exterior (19)
Uploaded September 2020:
Detail Photos: Interior (10)
Uploaded September 2020:
Detail Photos: Engine (5)
Detail Photos: Other (7)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2020-09-10 13:36:48 | pauls writes:
Car offered at:
We are excited to offer another classic Jaguar sports car. This gorgeous 1955 Jaguar XK140 SE was produced on January 21st of 1955 and the date of dispatch was February 10th of 1955. The first owner was The Wilk Corporation of Miami, Florida. This wonderful car was previously restored and it currently wears the original color combination of red with biscuit interior. It is a numbers matching car as per the Jaguar Daimler Trust Heritage certificate. The numbers all match on the frame rail (driver side or left side), engine cylinder head, engine block, body tag on cowl and transmission number.
We purchased this stunning Jaguar XK140 from a Jaguar collector client who owned this car for the past 15 years. He did show the car a few times:
• Fall of 2007: “Euros at the Fair” in Concord, NC at Auto Fair where is achieved Best in Class.
• April 17-19 2009 “The Gathering” Participants Choice Car Show in Shelton, NC where it achieved First in Class.
• Spring 2010 “Euros at The Fair” in Concord, NC at Auto Fair where it again achieved Best in Class.
• April 17-19 2015 “The Gathering” Participants Choice Car Show in Shelton, NC where it achieved a Third in Class.
When we purchased the car it needed to be brought back up to a show/driver condition. We invested over $14,000 in the summer of 2020 to improve this wonderful XK140 Roadster. The work we had done in the summer of 2020 included:
• Carburetors completely rebuilt.
• Undercarriage degreased and cleaned.
• Brake drums painted proper black.
• Upper and lower ball joints replaced.
• Sway bar bushings replaced.
• New fuel pump installed.
• Fuel lines cleaned, polished and soft lines replaced.
• All wiring gone through and repaired as needed.
• Brakes completely gone through with new wheel cylinders, shoes in the front and rear.
• Brake master cylinder rebuilt.
• Entire system bled and brakes adjusted as needed.
• New carpet kit installed from Original Jaguar Specifications Interiors.
• Ride Height adjusted.
• Oil service and lube completed.
• All gauges checked and repaired as needed.
• Valve covers, intake and carburetors polished.
• New rear leaf springs installed.
• New Moto Lita smaller diameter wooden steering wheel installed.
• Wheels balanced.
• Engine cylinder head removed and sent to machine shop.
• Head gasket replaced with new suds installed.
• New cam bearing set installed.
• Front breather hat gasket replaced.
• Front crankshaft seal replaced.
• New water pump gasket.
• New timing cover gasket.
• Original rebuilt oil/temp dual gauge installed.
• New turn signal switch installed.
• Windscreen taken apart and new windshields installed with all new rubber and gaskets.
• Carburetors tuned again after head gasket replacement with the timing and choke set.
• Radiator petcock replaced.
• Freeze plugs replaced.
• New cooling hose kit installed.
• Replaced rear differential pinion sea and cover plate gasket. Rear end serviced.
• The auxiliary electric fan wired to power to run with the ignition. This car does stay cool on hot days.
• New spark plugs.
• New radiator cap.
• A hot compression test was performed on 8/20/20 and the results were excellent: Cylinder 1-145psi, 2-150psi, 3-150psi, 4-145psi, 5-150psi, 6-145psi.
• The bottom of the seat frames were powder coated and all new hardware installed on tracks and seat frames.
• Fully detailed, polished and buffed.
This Jaguar XK140 SE Roadster is wonderful show/driver type of car. While this Jaguar is not a trailer queen or JCNA concours car, it will provide years of enjoyment at local car shows, club events and as a weekend driver. In addition this Jaguar comes with an original tool kit, side curtains, side curtain bag, jack, degreaser, two owners manuals, shop manual, ratchet and T-bar. Also, prior awards and documentation are included with the car as well. It runs and drives beautifully and certainly brings a lot of attention wherever it goes with its timeless design and striking overall appearance.
2020-09-18 06:31:27 | pauls writes:
Ebay item 9/18/20
Car has a buy it now price of $110,000 for 9 days same seller motorcartrader10, 2.5k miles.