3.4 XK140 | |||||
Fixed Head Coupe | |||||
Right Hand Drive | |||||
G 5519-8 | |||||
J5385 | |||||
JLE32418 | |||||
October 1955 | United Kingdom | ||||
1955 | Maroon | ||||
2017 | |||||
| |||||
|
Click image to magnify
Record Creation: Entered on 15 May 2017.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Photos of 804461
Click slide for larger image. This car has 1 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (1)
Uploaded June 2006:
Comments
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2006-06-16 06:59:22 | pauls writes:
Car to be at Coy's auction 6/06
www.coys.co.uk/auctions/lot.php
Auction description:
Fine Motor Cars & The Jaguar Legend Saturday 24th June 2006
Lot 232
1955 Jaguar XK140 Fixedhead Coupe
Registration no: YPH 771
Chassis no: 804461
Estimate: £25,000-30,000
The car in question was purchased in May 2003 from a Mr Roger Daniels of Frolsworth Leicestershire who used the car two tow his brace of MGA twin cam racing cars to the local circuits in the late 70's & 80's. Mr Daniels owned the car for a period of 18 years. Prior to this, the history can be traced from the original Buff Log book back to the first owner in 1955. From there in 1975 to Mr Kenneth Charles of Middleton Cheney on to Mr William Wooten from Middleton Cheney in Nov 1966. Two more owners in Middleton Cheney followed by Mr Charles Wentworth in Middlesex in 1966. The current vendor has restored the car with a specific purpose to maintain as much originality as possible starting off with the main B posts, sills and ancillary body repairs which were carried out professionally. The bonnet was chemically stripped and all the body was taken back to the original base coat which was sound and free from any micro porous moisture spots. The re-spray was carried out and matched to the correct ICI two pack paint formula supplied courtesy of Philip Porter, XK owners club magazine publisher.
The engine is totally original and has a recorded mileage of 69,000 supported by MoT certificates dating back to1976 with a letter from the owner, Mr KF Charles in 1976, supporting the fact that the cylinder head casting has never been removed since new. Many of the interior components have been replaced including carpets, headlining, boot and side panel mats. The wood veneer was restored professional specifically to retain patina. All brightwork has been re-chromed by a professional polishing company and all new brake cylinders & rubbers have been replaced. The exhaust system is stainless steel and provides, as you would expect the appropriate exhaust accompaniment.